Teenage mental health charity stem4 is special because we:
- Focus on early awareness and intervention
- Target four specific areas of mental health:
- Eating Disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Self Harm
- Target four specific audiences:
- young people affected by the conditions
- their friends
- their families and carers
- schools – teachers and nurses
- Provide evidence based information
- Qualified mental health professionals educate students, parents and teachers in schools
- Bring people together to share experiences and to work towards best practice through our conference programme
Aims and Objectives
stem4 endeavours to raise early awareness and highlight the importance of early intervention in teenage mental health issues – taking steps to help stem problems at an early stage.
stem4 encourages debate and shared information through a programme of conferences targeting students, head teachers, school leaders, teachers, SENCOs, parents, school nurses and GPs.
stem4 educates through interactive conferences for schools and through our comprehensive website.
stem4 provides self-help through our Calm Harm app, website and booklets.
Our mission is to foster the development of good mental health in teenagers through enhancing early understanding and awareness, promoting shared early detection and signposting towards prompt action and intervention.
Collaborative work with young people, their families, and schools will help an individual to enhance their resilience and sense of individual responsibility. We provide a commitment and hope to combat mental illness and follow through on a mentally healthy path to adulthood.
By Dr Nihara Krause, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Founder and CEO stem4 Anxiety is the most common mental health condition people experience and is characterised by a range of anxious thoughts and [...]