stem4 is running a conference entitled ‘Mental Health in Children and Young People: A Whole School Approach’ on June 28th at Ark Putney Academy, London, 4.30-9pm.
The conference is aimed at teachers, school leaders, SENCOs, school counsellors, school nurses, trainee teachers, teaching assistants, Governors and other related education professionals.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of mental health issues affecting children and young people
- Discussion of the new government proposal ‘Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision’
- Teaching mental health topics in school – content, sensitivities, relevance
- Effective strategies that help build student well-being and those presenting with mental health issues in a classroom setting
- Sharing examples of best practice of mental health initiatives in schools
- What comprises of an effective mental health intervention team in schools
- Supporting teacher mental health
This conference is free to attend but we request a subsidised £3.50 towards a hot meal during the evening.
The event will be funded by a donation from the Wimbledon Foundation Community Fund, the charitable arm of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.
For more information and to book tickets click here.