Depression 4 facts in 4 areas
Changes in Behaviours
- Lost interest and stopping having fun.
- Reckless behaviours including the over use of drinks or drugs.
- School performance has changed in a negative way.
Changes in Thoughts
- Pessimistic about the future.
- Sense of failure is expressed or increased sensitivity to rejection.
- Feelings of guilt and self-blame are often expressed.
Changes in Feelings
- Regular bouts of crying.
- Emotionally numb.
- Irritable with outbursts of temper.
- Emotional variability.
- Constant physical complaints with no physical cause.
- Sleep changes (too much or too little).
- Appetite changes (too much or too little).
- Constant tiredness and apathy.
4 steps to assist with change
Learn to Identify
- Learn to identify the early warning signs as noted under 4 facts in 4 areas.
Now Click No. 2
- Talk to your teenager – download our PDF on Talking to your teenager.
Now Click No. 3
Take Charge of Change
- Take charge of Change – download our PDF on Taking Charge of Change.
Now Click No. 4
- Keep links in the resources section to help your teenager maintain change.
Your GP who will refer you to CAMHS, Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Counsellors.
0808 802 5544 (parent helpline)